Electronics is the enabling technology for today’s society. It is embedded in most facets of life ranging from consumer goods to the sophisticated instrumentation used in electronic circuits, electronic devices, telecommunications and computer systems. Electronics and communication engineering is the branch of engineering dealing with the electronics principles as well as communication technologies like the internet, telecommunication etc.
Bachelor’s of engineering in electronics and communication engineering is developed in order to provide students the strong basics of engineering in the field of electronics and communication like telecommunications, internet providers, instrumentations, signals, system and their analysis electronics instruments like TV, Radio, computers etc.
This branch of engineering helps us to see, hear and communicate over vast distances, supervise production and manufacturing processes and oversee installation and maintenance of computers, peripherals, and components. We work with equipment that uses extremely small amounts of power. The role of the electronics engineer is pivotal in realms ranging from the toy industry to consumer electronics, from household articles to space/satellite communication.
Students involving in this program will study the various aspects of electronics, electromagnetics, computer programming languages, electronic circuits, communication techniques, communication protocols, signals, embedded systems, various kinds of systems running in electronic technology, signal processing, microprocessors, wireless communications and many more.
The major driving force for the present day Information Technology revolution is the development in Electronics Engineering. The advancements in microelectronics, satellite and optical fiber technology, analog and digital in communication techniques have resulted in developing complex electronic devices, circuits, and equipment capable of implementing fast and efficient telecommunication systems. Real time transfer of audio and video signals is now possible with recent trends in broad band technologies. Penetration of electronics has now revolutionalised other areas like health care, instrumentation, automation, remote sensing, signal processing etc. The basic principles and performance of electronic devices and circuits are introduced in the course. Design and analysis of different analog and digital circuits are considered in detail. Different analog and digital modulation techniques used for communication, equipment, and systems involved in wireless communications, satellite and optical communication technologies, computer communication and networking, design and development of microelectronic circuits for computation and processing, components and systems for electronic instrumentation and control etc, from a major content of the course. The course also covers the study of hardware and interfacing of computer systems, programming skills and application of computers in signal processing and communication.
Career in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Works in the field of design, development, testing and manufacturing of various electronics systems as well as development of control systems
- Works as a Engineer at various telecommunication companies and Radio/TV broadcasting stations
- Works as a Communication System Engineer at defense organizations like Army, Police and airports
- Works as a biomedical engineer at medical centers
- Works as Networking Engineer at Banking and Government sector
National College of Engineering (NCE) for Electronics and Communication Engineering
- It is the foremost program run at NCE and is running since 2059 B.S.
- The department has well-equipped laboratories and library.
- It has a team of dedicated and highly qualified and experienced faculty members
- The department arranges various value added courses, workshops and seminars by experts according to the trending global market requirements
Job opportunities in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Telecommunication companies like NTC, NCell, Hello Nepal, Smart Cell etc
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN)
- Nepal Army, Nepal Police
- TV companies
- Electronics Manufacturers
- Banking Sector
Some of its Specialized fields for Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Signal Processing
- Computer Networking
- Aviation Electronics
- Embedded Systems
- Digital System Design
- Optical Communications
- Wireless Communications
- Radio-Television Systems