The Research and Development (R&D) Unit has been formed at National College of Engineering (NCE) and aims to initiate research and development activities for the students and faculty members. The R & D Unit plays a vital role in the development of academic activities of research works and encourages students to initiate interest in research activities. In this envisions, the R & D unit explores research-based educational practices, organizing talk programs, workshops, and seminars as well as the publication of the NCE Journal.
Research and Development Unit works closely with both national and international universities, governments, and agencies, in this endeavor, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the International Urban Training Center (IUTC), South Korea, and the National College of Engineering College (NCE) has been signed for the purpose of training in Korea, faculty exchange program both teachers and students.
NCE Students are encouraged for their research activities, so any further information required in this aspect can be obtained from the respective Research & Development Unit.
Er. Amrit Man Tuladhar,
Chief, Research and Development Unit
The Research and Development (R & D) Unit is an academic wing of the NCE mandated to conduct and coordinate research activities in the institute. R & D creates a platform for faculty and students to establish a research culture and establish one’s identity in the national/international arena and also help in acquiring research grant from national and international funding agencies.
The R & D unit at NCE is established with following objectives:
- To assist the students and faculty members to conduct research under student project and research scheme from various funding agencies; build healthy competition among researchers, faculty members and students.
- To initiate, develop, cultivate partnerships, network and groups amongst the various researchers, faculty members and students and motivate towards research activities.
- To assess training needs of students and faculty members and executing these programs.
- To collaborate with industry, government, professions and the wider community on all research matters to promote faculty and student’s research activities to external stakeholders.
- Attract external funding for research (through individual/joint/interdisciplinary research proposals) and its effective dissemination and use.
- To inspire students and faculty members to publish research papers and technical papers in National and International Journals.
- To organize workshops, seminars, technical exhibitions and talk programs.