We are pleased to announce the outcomes of the comprehensive evaluation process for the NCE Research Grant Proposals. Many of the submitted research proposals were impressive and the final presentations amazed the evaluation committee. We appreciate the applicants’ time and effort in preparing the proposals and delivering presentations. Although many research projects seemed to deserve the funding, the limited fund availability forced us to choose the five research proposals that proved to be more deserving based on factors such as innovation, implementation feasibility, and potential impact at the domestic and global levels.
We are thrilled to reveal the list of awardees whose projects have been selected for funding:
- Project Title – Development and testing of a low-speed free energy pump for small-scale irrigation coupled with vertical ultra-low head hydro turbine
- Principal Investigator: Raj Kumar Chaulagain
- Co-Investigators: Anusmriti Dawadi, Santosh Kapri
- Affiliation: Thapathali Campus, Tribhuvan University
- Project Title – Enhancing Code Compliance through Optimal Retrofit Measures for Non-Engineered and Pre-Engineered RC Buildings
- Principal Investigator: Kshitij C. Shrestha
- Co-Investigators: Santosh Aryal, Smriti Dahal, Sujal Koirala, Suniti Shrestha, Suraj Thapa, and Sushil Raj Pandey
- Affiliation: Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuvan University
3. Project Title – Automatic Video Script Generation based on NLP using Deep Learning
- Principal Investigator: Subash Panday
- Co-Investigators: Sharmila Bista, Aavash Adhikari, and Ashish Kumar Pokharel
- Affiliation: National College of Engineering, Affiliated to Tribhuvan University
4. Project Title – Condition Monitoring Enabled Refurbishment of Induction Motors
- Principal Investigator: Bishal Silwal
- Co-Investigators: Samyam Shrestha, Anupam Koirala, Saugat Karki, Bipin Nepal
- Affiliation: Kathmandu University
5. Project Title – Unveiling Waste and its Ripple Effect-Analyzing the Impact of Waste
- Principal Investigator: Bipun Man Pati
- Co-Investigators: Ukesh Thapa and Bishnu Khadka
- Affiliation: Advanced College of Engineering and Management, Affiliated to Tribhuvan University
Congratulations to the successful awardees! These projects showcase exceptional promise in advancing the targeted fields of research and we anticipate their valuable contributions to the scientific community.
We invite the successful applicants (mandatory for principal investigator) to visit the National College of Engineering and attend the research grant award ceremony on 8th February, 2024. Further details about the ceremony program will be provided to the principal investigators over phone call/email.
We extend our sincere appreciation to all researchers who submitted their proposals. The quality of submissions was outstanding, making the selection process challenging as well as inspiring.
For any inquiries or additional information, please contact the Research and Development Unit, National College of Engineering, at [Email: email@example.com /Phone Number: (01)-5151387/5151170].
Thank you for your support and participation in our research grant program.